Prayer Call is an open national online prayer community.
Prayer Call has emerged since September 2017 as an open community of watchmen who pray for Australia – across 4 time zones during day light saving! God’s presence in these prayer calls is usually palpable – like a morning shower under a water fall. We spend time praising God and let the Holy Spirit leads us in how to pray. Usually we spend some time with everyone and some in small breakout groups. Meeting via ‘Zoom’ helps us connect as a community. It enables us to see each other, play worship music and share documents, use ‘chat’ to document Scriptures and send public and private messages to each other during the call.
Prayer Call Times:
Currently Prayer Call is from 7:00-8:00am (AEDT) Mondays – Saturdays
Times will extend to include 8:00-9:30pm (AEDT) during the:
- Commonwealth Games Queens Baton relay across Australia ( 24 Dec – 4th April)
- 40 Day Prayer Relay (14 Feb – 25 March 2018)
- Commonwealth Games: Gold Coast 2018 (4-15 April).
Prayer Call will run 10:00am-4:00pm (AEDT) on Saturday 10 February for Australia's National Day of Prayer and Fasting.
To Join Prayer Call via phone or computer:
1. Register on this website: www.prayforthenations.com so we have your contact details. You will receive an email with phone numbers and links so you can join Prayer Call by phone or from your computer. Please save these links to a place where you can easily access them.
2. Access Prayer Call from a phone number or ZOOM - within Australia or from other nations.
3. Access Prayer Call from a computer using ZOOM - a program that enables us to see each other and send CHAT messages to each other during the meeting and this helps us connect as a community.
Tips on how to use Zoom:
- In preparation for your first Prayer Call DOWNLOAD ZOOM. IT’S FREE.
- Enter the Prayer Call Zoom number, or click on the link, that we send you when you register at www.prayforthenations.com .
- Click on ‘Open Zoom Meeting’ and then on ‘Join audio-conference by computer.’
- Arrive early to practise using Zoom and to meet each other!
- During the Zoom Call:
- Click the Mute Button to keep your microphone muted to reduce background noise – except when you are speaking or praying!
- Click the Chat Button to send questions, share Scriptures or comments to a specific person or everyone.
- Avoid the Share Screen Button which is just for demonstration purposes. It enables everyone to see what is on your computer screen.
If it's your first time using zoom watch this instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhAEoCF7jg
Inquiries: Sue Tinworth [email protected]